Now that we're officially well on our way into 2018, I thought it would be fitting to introduce myself. My name is Michael and I am the owner, the maker, the stress-eater, the number-cruncher, the big cheese (or medium-sized cheese) and the "Who" behind The Stitching Horse. I am the person who loves making and the guy who eats, breathes, and sleeps all things leather, wood, and waxed canvas, in addition to any other medium I can get my hands on. I love being a Maker and I especially love seeing raw materials transform into the products The Stitching Horse offers its customers.
So here's a little bit about myself in bullet point form (because blogging has never been a strength of mine):
- I was born and raised in Coppell, Texas (about 20 minutes north of good ole Dallas)
- Despite living there for the vast majority of my life, I never picked up the stereotypical "Texan accent." I can fake it very well, though.
- I love Mexican food and all-that-is Tex-Mex. I can definitely be a snob about it, especially now that I live up in the great state of Pennsylvania. If you are ever in my hood back in the big TX, visit Anamia's Tex-Mex...their food is soooo good!
- I also love chicken-fried steak...for anyone who is like "WTF is chicken-fried steak?" ...well its probably the most delicious thing in the world! It's tenderized steak, dipped in batter similar to batter used for fried chicken, deep-fried to perfection....and well yeh..it's awesome...for the best chicken-fried steak...visit Babe's Chicken....you won't regret it!
- I graduated from Baylor University....Sic'em! and then I moved up north to delay "adulting" by getting a Masters degree. I figured that was the most innovative way to delay the pangs of being an adult.
- As a child, I always had a knack for taking things a part only to put them back together just for curiosity's sake. Somehow though, I always ended up with extra screws in the end. Oh well!
- I love drawing, designing, and tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
- I have the best son a father could ever ask for...no really....he is the BEST!
- I am head-over-heals with my better half, Danielle...without her I wouldn't be the man I am today. Also, she's PA's PREMIER wedding coordinator anyone could ask for...check her out at DPNAK Weddings.
So, really....that's me in a nutshell. I love what I do and I hope to share my gift with all of you!
Thanks for reading!